[AccessD] set the DefaultPicture of an unbound image control to an attachment in a recordset field?

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:49:02 CDT 2013

Wow, I thought I had lobbed this group an easy one... no takers yet?
----------------

I am wanting to have the same Header fields and image appear on every form
in my database. The query which populates these items has SQL:

SQL = ""
SQL = SQL & " SELECT "
SQL = SQL & " First([Build Date]) AS AppBuildDate,"
SQL = SQL & " First(ApplicationImage.FileData) As AppImage"
SQL = SQL & " FROM 9997_DevelopmentVersion  as Tbl"
SQL = SQL & " WHERE "
SQL = SQL & " [Build Date]=(Select Max([Build Date]) from
9997_DevelopmentVersion);"

I have also tried substituting ApplicationImage for
ApplicationImage.FileData

So far I have been unable to set an image control's defaultpicture property
to a RECORDSET FIELD from a recordset created with that SQL statement. Can
someone help with the syntax to set the DefaultPicture of an unbound image
control to an attachment identified by a field in a recordset described
above?