[AccessD] A2003:BAT/CMD file not outputting to log file if run from VBA

Darren darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Nov 5 09:31:53 CST 2013

Hi guys

I have a CMD file that is run from VBA.

Inside this CMD file are lines like:

     Echo blah blah blah >> LogFile.txt

All good and pretty basic - If I double click the CMD or BAT file the
outputting to the log file via the '>>' works a treat.

If I 'run' the CMD/BAT file from VBA then the file runs but the >> bits seem
to be ignored.

As a result the log file isn't created and (of course) there are no log
entries.

I have tried with CMD and with BAT files

I have tried calling the BAT/CMD file a few ways from within VBA too. All no
joy.

Dim strFileToRun As String

strFileToRun = Me.txtDeployFileToBuildPath

''strFileToRun = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Binn\Run.bat"

Dim retval

'retval = Shell(strFileToRun, vbNormal)

Call fHandleFile(strFileToRun, -1)