[AccessD] OT : Computer trouble Help!

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Nov 6 07:10:42 CST 2013

Debbie,

 I would try and see if you can access the laptop's BIOS.   Typically,
that's done by pressing F2 at startup, but it can very from Mfg to Mfg.

 If you can't, then it's most certainly a failure of the motherboard or the
power supply.

 If you can access the BIOS, then you can reset to factory defaults and try
booting again.   It is possible that the BIOS memory has been scrambled
giving you un-bootable settings.

 There also may be diagnostics/status display that will tell you if your
hard drive is alive or not.

Jim.