[AccessD] Modifying Replicated Database Using Access 2010

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 08:50:19 CDT 2013

I have done several apps using Access as a front end and MySQL as a back
end. It's pretty much dead simple to set up, and I also found a utility
called Access to MySQL that made it absolutely effortless to port the data,
automatically handling the various data-type conversions. Once the data was
moved all that was required was to link to the new BE using ODBC. Best of
all, database size was no longer an issue at all. Plus I still got to use
MZ-Tools. I've done this sort of conversion with both Access XP and 2007
without any problems. I haven't tried it with any more recent versions, but
I see no need to.

Arthur