[AccessD] adp

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Oct 31 05:30:05 CDT 2013

Yes, I'm still in Albury NSW (Australia) and loving it. Still love working with Access. Love the speed with which awesome programs can be created and modified.

These days I work mostly with SQL Server as I really love the power of stored procedures.  I'm guessing that it would be possible to use ODBC for the regular binding of forms etc. and that it may be possible to programmatically make a connection to an SQL Database for running stored procedures.

Darren - I would love the simple Access Connection and results retriever demo. It has been too long since I've taken the time to get inspired by the work of others.

David E - Great links - whatdoyaknow  I didn't even know that LinkedIn had discussions like that - I must be getting too old to keep up ;-)

Gustav - Good to see that you are still here - daw do! :-)

Anita Smith

Anita Smith!!!

WOW! A blast from the past!! - Great to hear from you. I do hope all is well.
Funny I was thinking of you just the other week. My Wife and I drove back from Melbourne (to Sydney) and we went by your way (We went via Wagga to see my eldest daughter).
I was wondering if you were still doing this stuff and living in that part of the world.

Yep, ADPs. Yeah not s lot to say there really but gorrne. Having said that some folk here use them, I don't. So they will be better set to answer those questions.
Anyway, I work a lot with SQL Server and I find ODBC is just fine - Speeds are good and connections solid and learning curve not too steep.
But I imagine the SQL Server side of things is not an issue for you.

If you like I have a simple Access Connection and results retriever demo I can send off-list that builds the relevant fields for the grids 'on-the-fly'
Again, great to hear from you.

Darren