[AccessD] adp

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 08:22:01 CDT 2013

This is news to me, Anita, but not surprisiing. MS has pretty much
abandoned Access as a platform for developers, it would seem. Despite the
fact that the ADP format remains the finest way to address an instance of
SQL Server.

In short, stick with what you already have. I stopped upgrading at Office
2007, which works nicely with ADPs. Personally, I have switched horses and
now devote my hours to mastering Alpha Anywhere. But I still have clients
for whom I wrote Access apps, so I'll never be gone from this field of
endeavour.

Arthur

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Anita Smith <anita at ddisolutions.com.au>wrote:

> Hi Guys & Gals,
> Long time, no activity on my part - so long in fact that I can't remember
> how to post here. Don't fry me if I make a mistake ;-)
>
> Anyhow, it is with horror that I find out that Access 2013 will not
> support Access Data Projects. Yikes!
>
> I'm wondering what the general Access Community has to say about that. Is
> there a preferred way of working with SQL Server as a back end? Will ODBC
> do the job as well?
>
> Anita Smith
> Former contributor ... now avid procastinator extradordinare

Arthur