[AccessD] Problems Exporting Access Summary Report to Excel

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Oct 31 16:35:20 CDT 2013

Hi Rocky

It is not that easy. All that provides is "dirty" code which, though working, needs a lot of clean up. Recorded macros are filled with selects, active this-and-that and simple cell references where you should use specific worksheets and ranges and no selects.
Also, if possible, do define Named Ranges for whatever fixed cell range you will manipulate.

It takes a little more work but you will never regret. You will be proud of yourself, no more pointing fingers. The sun may even shine on you (ah, oh, no big value if you still live in San Diego).

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 31-10-13 19:06 >>>
I also found that I didn't really have to learn how to code formatting and
other tricky stuff - just start recording a macro on the spreadsheet, do all
your formatting, cell selecting, or whatever, stop the recording, and crib
the vba code the recording generated.

And once you have a few of those snippets done, it's just a lot of copy and
paste.