[AccessD] Form navigation

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Mon Sep 30 08:51:03 CDT 2013

Hi Gustav,

With 50 forms I'm going to guess that you could create some groups of forms
that have related functionality.

Perhaps a wide narrow form at the top of the screen could contain several
comboboxes where each one contains the names of those forms?  Users could
tab into the combobox they want, then just begin typing the name of their
form, then hit enter.

Or, perhaps just a list of form name labels from top to bottom in a tall and
narrow form at the left side of the screen.  Users could just click the
label to open the form they need.

I do use a treeview in my app - and it's great because it shows many records
which are constantly changing.  But it takes a lot of clicking to get to
what to you want - and because the forms you use are rarely changed there
are better ways to allow users to quickly get at their form.

Good Luck!
Dan