[AccessD] Many to Many relationship issue

Jon Albright jon.albright at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 22:58:23 CDT 2014

Hi,  I have a bit of a struggle with this concept.  It's been several years
that I have done anything with database applications..not since using
Foxpro.  Anyway, I work for a contractor and have a need to maintain a
customer table (contractor general information), a table for the contact
people at the contractor's companies, a projects table (jobs we bid) and a
table to log phone calls.  I have the tables created with an "associate"
table for the M2M relationship between the customer table and the jobs
table, another "associate" table between the customer contact table and the
phone calls table.  I also have a one to many created between the customer
table and customer contact table.

If I create forms for either of the two M2M examples  above, they work fine
as a standalone but I just can't seem to "tie" the two M2M examples into a
functioning arrangement where if you select a company, all the phone calls
made by the contact people at the company will display and likewise, if I
select a particular job, all the phone calls relating to this job display.
I have followed an example by Susan Harkins from 2004 that I dug up in a
search but am still unable to get beyond the basic.

Jon Albright

Iniki Enterprises

Honolulu, Hawaii

(808) 677-7800 x116