[AccessD] Many to Many relationship issue

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:17:39 CDT 2014

Jon, you still have not said made clear what you expect to get out of this
database. Who you owe reports to, what they expect to see in the reports,
whether the information for historical purposes or to assist with entering
information on the next call.

I advised that the call details may one day not mesh with the current
company contacts, and for that reason, you want a CallParticipants or other
type table (if there might be more than one company participant per call) or
you want the participant's details in the Call table.

I think that while you might think a CompanyContact table suffices, that is
more for use in determining who you might *want* to call, it is not good for
documenting who participated in the call, who made the decisions, etc.

And the last thing you want to do is update the CompanyContact table and
have this affect a report you extract today about a call made a year ago.

I trust I have said enough on this and it is time for new voices, but if you
have any further questions for me directly, I am happy to continue in this
thread.