[AccessD] Field linked to different tables

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Aug 11 19:06:03 CDT 2014

How about another field in the Notes table "WhoAboutType"  (1 for Client, 2 for Staff, 3 for
Company or whatever)

Then
Select 1 as WAType, ClientPK as PK, CLientName as EntityName frm tblClients
UNION
Select 2 as WAType, StaffPK as PK, StaffName as EntityName from tblStaff
UNION
Select 3 as WAType, CompanyPK as PK, CoName as EntityName from tblCompany.

Then Join on (WAType  = WhoAboutType and PK = LinkRecordID)

--
Stuart