[AccessD] Gantt Charts via Access 2007

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Wed Aug 20 13:07:06 CDT 2014

Hi Brad,

Instead of trying to do this in Access, which would truly be reinventing the
wheel, there are Project applications which do just fine.  Of course, there
is MS Project, which costs $522 for one stand-alone license for the Standard
version.

However, TurboProject Standard can be purchased for $90
(http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/Other-Products/TurboProject/TurboProject
-v4).  I used this long ago and it did everything that I needed as far as
Gannt charts went.

Another alternative might be GanttProject (http://www.ganttproject.biz/).
It appears to be free!

One important feature of any application that handles projects (gannt
charts, pert charts, etc.) is that it must export files which support MS
Project formats.  Eventually someone who uses MS Project will want to import
your project file.

HTH!
Dan