[AccessD] A2003: Connecting with GMAIL

Darren darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Aug 26 20:05:11 CDT 2014

Hey Stuart,
Sounds good. I've heard you speak of Blat before. Now it's relevant to me...
so now I'm now listening :-) - lol
So what's involved? How does BLAT work with GMAIL?

Also - I'll explain what I'm doing. As I'll have a lot of q's for the list
in the coming months, I expect.
I'm about to embark on a big pro-bono exercise for a Community based charity
here. About to write (have a started actually) a tool to manage their
clients and their associated programs. And will do it in Access - all
accessed by (Terminal Server)Remote Desktop logons.
At the moment they are using GMAIL and Google as their email and calendaring
tools. So rather than force them 'into anything', I thought I'd see if I
could 'interact' with whatever they have already in place.
They have no money it's largely volunteers and non-techies running the show.
So whatever I give them has to be simple with not a lot of upheaval if
possible.
Make sense? I know a lot of you have been in exactly this position before.
Thanks heaps
Darren