[AccessD] A2003: Connecting with GMAIL

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Wed Aug 27 11:23:23 CDT 2014

You can send email from Access through the GMAIL SMTP server using CDO. I
assume CDO is still in Windows. Many years ago I had a system set up for
user group emails that used this approach. There is a sample and
presentation file on this subject on our Access User Group of San Diego web
site at http://www.augsd.org/Portals/0/Articles/cdomail_v2.zip. You do have
to use the secure port with the Google server. For organizations the Google
services are great since folks can have common calendars, task lists, etc.

Doug