[AccessD] Normalization discussion

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:51:20 CDT 2014

=========I considered that, but there would be a lot of blanks.

> Or do you need different tables for the different sources ?

=========This is what I've done -- but sources would be the wrong term I
think -- we acquire the animals in different ways. One ways is taking them
from other institutions.

> As in confiscated from another institution and they have the breeding
> records
> from the institution they got it from -

=========For our purposes, this won't matter. It'll be in filed paperwork
and available if needed, but it won't be something we'd actually need for
our reporting.

>  2 sets that give different information, maybe genetic modified
> combination of
> genes with 3 parents!
> (Yes - devilish view in'tnit)

Then will you have 1 or more than 1 of each of those entries for each
animal?

=========Stop it! ;)  Not happening -- everything here is a native species
from perfectly normal acquisitions. Most come from rehabbers or rescues. We
don't have exotics. Nothing fancy. :)

Susan H.