[AccessD] reporting and multi-value fields

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:13:23 CST 2014

>From a reader -- it isn't something I've had to deal with -- any links to
good info or some advice for this guy?

Thanks!
Susan Harkins

Hi Susan, great short synopsis on using multi-value fields in Access 2010.
But from a reporting end, how would you handle such a field? For example,
if I'm capturing error types and the user picks four errors then this would
be recorded as a memo field with the value separated by commas. Yet this is
not advantageous for reporting purposes. I would have to parse the data to
extract each of the values. Am I correct on my understanding? Your input
would be highly appreciated.