[AccessD] reporting and multi-value fields

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 12:38:55 CST 2014

Susan,

Stuart has it 100% correct, IMO. Multi-valued columns violate everything
we've learned from Codd and Date and others.

A suggestion for an article by you, Susan. Find out why the Access dev-team
decided to add this abomination. That would provide most interesting
reading. What were they drinking when they came up with this most asinine
notion?

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right Stuart. I was wondering about the best way to parse the elements. Any
> thoughts?
>
> Susan H.
>

> > Second best - you need to separate them out in the underlying query, put
> > report grouping
> > on the primary record's key and put the rest of your information in the
> > section header with
> > only the MV values in the detail section

Arthur