[AccessD] This seems to get me often

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Dec 23 18:10:52 CST 2014

Yes, that's what I've done.  What's troubling me is that not every
donation will have both FKs filled - as when the donor is just an
individual, not associated with an organization on record.  something
feels wrong (not normalized) about that setup, but I don't see how to
normalize it.

Would you use the same principle for other similar setups, such as the
different associations for phones?  For instance, the household has a
land line, and the several members of the household carry cell phones.
The table of phone numbers will have an identifier for the type of phone
and an FK for either the household or the individual.

Thanks for your ideas.

TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com