[AccessD] Date in Text Box

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Feb 10 07:36:50 CST 2014

Did nobody answer this yet?

Your Control Source should be where you want the date to go...usually a field in a table.

For example, for the DB I am currently working on, I have a Form whose RecordSource is the table, "tblClient"...and I have a text box on the form for Date of Birth, and that field's ControlSource is "datDoB" which is a field in that Client table.

Now, I obviously don't want this field to default to today's date, but I theoretically could...I can put any valid date I want in the DefaulValue setting, and I would be able to override this.

Hope this helps!

>>> "Kaup, Chester" <Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com> 2/6/2014 11:04 AM >>>
Control SourceNone
Default Value=Date()