[AccessD] Alpha Proficiency Package

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Tue Feb 11 12:51:17 CST 2014

Hey Jim
At first I baulked (and it kind of made me angry) at a yearly update
license, but giving it some thought it makes more sense to receive the
updates, plug ins etc. on a regular basis. Rather than waiting 2 to 3 years
to purchase the next version release of a program.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dettman
Sent: February-10-14 7:41 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Alpha Proficiency Package

Almost everything is on a subscription model now.   I bought The Dev Express
framework for .net last year...not cheap either and it's year after year.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2014, at 6:41 PM, "Tony Septav" <TSeptav at Uniserve.com> wrote:

> Hey John
> I have bought into the Alpha line of products, upon a recommendation from
> Arthur.  After almost over 20 years of working and developing client
> applications with ACCESS I found over the last 3 or 4 years MicroSoft had
> totally left their developers behind. I had to make a decision either buy
> weiny wagon and go sale my wares on the  beach or look for another
> alternative to continue producing applications that my remaining few
current
> clients and possible future clients could use on the Web or on their
mobile
> devices. I have spent the past few months renovating the house but hope to
> get up to speed starting in March with Alpha. The product is not cheap. My
> understanding is you initially buy the product with a 1 year term license,
> that means any new updates (and they continue to push out new stuff every
> month) will be sent to you for free after that you have to pay a fee to
> continue to receive the updates for the next year.
>
> Tony Septav
> Nanaimo, BC
> Canada

https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=1488&utm_source=hs_em

ail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=11895960&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8wrtkWdVInvFAxEtJyI

fnpRMJDvkm9oKXrXSVy52E7dQQ4NNl0S9v8jWoECIZVOiukP_VuNUM5WKQd2x-DWSzZoMi7Eg&_h
> smi=11895960

-----
No virus found in this message.