[AccessD] Alpha Proficiency Package

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:42:05 CST 2014

Tony,

I didn't mean to imply that I was looking beyond Alpha for something new;
rather, looking for something conventient that worked in Linux. I'm into
Alpha for the long haul. If there's anything intimidating about it, it's
its wealth of tools and technologies. There is sooo much to learn. But like
our athletes are doing in Sochi, I hope soon to be on the podium :)

I too began with dBASE, and even published the first interview with C.Wayne
Ratliff and Jeb Long, way back in the days of Data Base Advisor magazine.
When Clipper was released, I immediately jumped ship and a couple of years
later published my first book, Dynamics of Clipper. Actually, I'm still
friends with the whole Nantucket team, most of all Brian Russell, who
conceived Clipper while working at Ashton-Tate.

Arthur