[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Feb 25 11:56:36 CST 2014

 love the rant<g>

 and you should TM this:

 "In the end, I discovered that I use my laptop for real work and Windows 8
makes real work hard."

 I'd love to know who they do their usability studies with.   I used Win 8
for all of twenty minutes and said "forget it".  Kudo's to you for at least
making a real attempt.

 I haven't seen 8.1 yet.  Love Win 7.  Think it's the best one ever except
for UAC.  Everything for me is a right click and "Run as Admin", just on the
off chance that the program needs admin access to install/work right, so it
really defeats the purpose of having that.

 Want a real laugh?  Try firing up Office 2013 for the first time and
activating it under Win 7.  You'll get this cryptic error message about not
being able contact Microsoft (error code 0x8007005) and to try again later.

 Guess what?  Right click and run as admin...

Jim.