[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:00:49 CST 2014

No graphics here John. You should know that by now. As list helper I saw
the rejected message though ;-)  Yes window 8.1 shows the multiple
instances of your browsers in a list. The list for me goes sideways instead
of vertical and it's shrunken screen images but it IS the list you desire.
I don't use calculator or sticky notes. Boot to desktop is now the default
too.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:33 PM, John W Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK Gustav, Here is what I am reading:
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/use-the-taskbar
>
> Nowhere does it mention the functionality that I mention.
>
> 1) Always combine, hide label.  NOT what I am doing
> 2) Combine when taskbar is full.  NOT what I am doing.
> 3) Never combine.  Not what I am doing.
>
> So...
>

> The following is what I currently see when I hover over the chrome Icon.
>  I can simply hover and click on "Apple warns" and that copy of Chrome
> comes to the front.
>
> Does your task bar work that way?  Can you make it work that way? If not,
> WHY NOT?  It is the way I do business.
>
> Can you hover over and get context sensitive menus from which you can
> select things?  Can you do so without the mouse (obviously not)?  If not
> why not?  This is basic power user functionality.  I learned to do this
> stuff years ago.  It is highly useful stuff. Are we throwing all that away
> so that we can pinch and zoom? Why?  Is this "least common denominator"?
>
> Open the metro equivalent of the calculator.  Does it fill the whole
> screen?  WHY???  Is my entire 23" screen really required for the
> calculator?  I am old but I don't need a calculator that big to be able to
> see it.  Open the metro equivalent of the sticky notes.  Does it fill the
> whole screen?  Why?  I am just jotting down a phone number.    Is this
> "everything will fill the whole screen" REALLY a good idea???
>
> It feels like 1/2 of the world has drunk the koolade, and is chasing me
> around trying to get me to drink it as well.
>

> John W. Colby
>
> --
Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com