[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 02:55:02 CST 2014

 >So yes, you missed it.

Yep, still do.  A watch is not a tablet is not a desktop.  Forcing all three to use the same
software is a recipe for... Windows 8. A desktop that wants to be a tablet, a tablet that wants to
be a desktop and a watch that wants... Microsoft to go away and let it run linux.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 2/27/2014 3:48 AM, Gustav Brock wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Well, that demonstrates what I mentioned earlier. If you meet a challenge with "this will not work", it most likely won't.
>
> Use your imagination and focus on the possibilities rather than some bad implementation.
>
> Four tiles on a wristwatch could be two small for message/phone access or other info, one wide for the time. Swipe and you will have other options.
> Two tiles on a lightswitch could be one for switching on/off, one for a spinner to select the light level. Swipe for options like setting max. light level or delayed dimming. Whatever. If a given setup doesn't fit your purpose, swipe for the settings and adjust.
>
> Just off my head.
>
> So yes, you missed it.
>
> /gustav

---