[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 12:50:02 CST 2014

And even worse they can't possibly make enough of those crappy plastiky windows 8 (non) rocking
chairs for the windows 8 fanbois that want them.

Luckily I bought the extended warranty on my comfy Windows 7 rocking chair.

Telling:

And when asked "Was Microsoft right to extend the availability of Windows 7 for business
customers?," TechRepublic's panel of international business decisions makers responded yes
unanimously  -- but their enthusiasm for Windows 7 seems to be linked to their lack of love for
Windows 8.

and

Other tech chiefs made their voices heard too. Tim Stiles, CIO at the Bremerton Housing Authority,
warned: "Acceptance of Windows 8 may never occur within the business community", while Brian Wells,
associate CIO at Penn Medicine, said: "Many third party application vendors do not support Windows 8
or its associated browser".

and

Matthew Oakley, group head of IT at Schroders, said "This recognizes, I think, that Windows 8 is not
a really a business-ready platform and perhaps sets the scene for Windows 9 to be the main business
migration."

I was rocking on my porch the other day, Windows 7 fanbois stretched as far as the eye could see.
Out in the distance, I saw Gustav (having watched Shrek one to many times) jumping up in down waving
his arms, yelling "Pick Windows 8, Pick Windows 8".

;)

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 2/28/2014 12:44 PM, Gustav Brock wrote:
> Hi Jim
>
> That's bad news because the rocking chair may wear out before support runs out for Win7, and a new modern (Metro?) rocking chair will have all sorts of misbehaving like a plastic seat, no arm rests, and bad feet support - it may not even be able to rock!
>
> /gustav

---