[AccessD] Sign up for an Office 365 Developer Site

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Jan 10 13:50:09 CST 2014

 Yes, I see, California wine county looks tempting - " Napa Valley is your spot of heaven on earth". It could be MS borrowed that title for their dev tools :)

I must note I've missed the following year+ old announcement:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jasonz/archive/2012/07/17/introducing-napa-office-365-development-tools.aspx

It looks like a teaser for the time when " At some point, you will want to leverage the full power of the Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012.  For example, one of the key new capabilities in the Cloud App Model is that apps can be hosted on SharePoint, Windows Azure Web Sites or your own web server. Visual Studio will enable you to modify projects started in “Napa” or create new apps from scratch so they can target all of the hosting options ".

Do they mean it's possible to develop full scale SharePoint (/Office 365) applications using Visual Studio *without* SharePoint installed on a development PC/being available on a development LAN?

Thank you.

-- Shamil