[AccessD] Sign up for an Office 365 Developer Site

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 14 12:36:23 CST 2014

Hi Jim:

I understand that COBOL is no longer written in assembler as it originally was. There is an article on the subject that came out between 2000 and 2005 but I can not find it...stored it somewhere and I will pass it along if or when I find it.

Basically the article stated that both RM and ACCU COBOL, PC versions, had been re-written using C as it was difficult to find the necessary coders, time-consuming and expensive to re-code for each new chip versions on each OS. Of course there will be a slight depreciation in performance but we now have unlimited space and cycles to burn.

Jim