[AccessD] Back-End DB is locking...WHY?!

David A Gibson davidalangibson2010 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:13:29 CST 2014

A word of caution when sharing DBs between PCs & Macs.  One year we had an
MS Access 2010 .accdb shared between about 40 users with as many as 15-20
accessing it at one time without any problems.  The next year or the one
after, we did it again and had all kinds of file corruption problems.  Turns
out that whenever a Mac user running Access in Parallels would manage to
lock their computer without exiting the DB it would corrupt data tables.
Had a lot of lost work before we figured it out.

David Gibson