[AccessD] Problem of a listbox's response on network... Part 1

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 09:16:02 CST 2014

 >DAO is more for power users than for real developers. I am not sure I would have got into ADO if
there had been no other way.

Excuse me?  DAO is the database engine AND (more importantly) object model for all of Access.  DAO
is for programmers who need to program to the metal of forms, querydefs, controls and so forth.  If
you use ADO, it is all a layer on top of DAO.

I am not disagreeing that ADO has its place, but "for power users" is just plain wrong.  There is
not an electron that flows through Access that DAO does not steer.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it