[AccessD] The direction of data processing

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Jan 27 02:38:05 CST 2014

 Hi Jim and Gustav --

<<<
What a moment to bring a potent Oracle server on its knees. That must have
been a cup of coffee you never forget.

Oracle devs are known(?) to charge their Oracle servers with long running cycled SPs utilizing cursors - wasn't that the case?
As opposed to MS SQL T-SQL devs who mainly write set-oriented data manipulation SPs - so even when processing large data volumes they keep their MS SQL Servers flying... :)

As for NoSQL - Redis ( http://redis.io/ ) somehow keeps constantly popping-up in the IT-related stuff I'm reading - so Redis (and Hadoop) - are on first positions in my NoSQL bookmarks...

-- Shamil