[AccessD] Question of Approach

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Jan 28 13:58:41 CST 2014

I have a question about how y'all might go about something. I've asked a few questions about a program I'm working on...which I've inherited...and I'm contemplating starting over from scratch. I think that this person who did it...who is not a programmer...might have went down the wrong road, and I'm trying to fix something, which might just be inherently wrong.

Basically, we are tracking dental health and habits of young clients who go through the county's health department.

To track these clients they use surveys. There are 3 different surveys, based on age of client (6 mos - 4 yrs, 4 yrs - 18 yrs, and 18-21 yrs).

Now, what is throwing ME in particular is that we want the person entering data, to first enter client data...which is merely name (first, last, MI) and DoB. It is this DoB, along w/the survey date, which will let us know which survey to use...given their age. I steered her in the direction of a subform, which would only become apparent after the age was known. But, now I'm thinking it should have gone to another form.

The 3 surveys have different questions, but will share client info...linking them.

I'm interested to know how y'all would approach this...

I think if I had to do it over...and I may...I'd go w/forms instead of sub-forms.

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES.
Thank you for your cooperation.