[AccessD] corrupt database - backup rather out-dated.

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 07:30:53 CDT 2014

Hi, I tried

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office\15\MSACCESS.EXE
"D:\Docs\zzzProgramming and Consulting\2014 Programming Development\Lew\Lew
DB2.accdb" /Compact

and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office\15\MSACCESS.EXE
"D:\Docs\zzzProgramming and Consulting\2014 Programming Development\Lew\Lew
DB2.accdb" /Decompile

But I get the same error messages - and the database doesn't open.

I have used the tips I saw in
http://rogersaccessblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/help-my-database-is-corrupted-a
nd-i-cant-repair link but I cannot open the database without the error(s)
and I cannot import objects because after those errors, the wizard quits. I
cannot even open the objects in design view once the database opens. I have
had to resort to an old (much older) working copy of the database. I could
see the seeds of corruption even in there, because while editing controls on
a form with subforms, I saw that clicking on different controls would not
Property Sheet to rotate through controls.

So I have created a fresh database, added the same references, and created
new forms and subforms, and copied the controls and pasted them.

Some do not work, but this is probably because I changed the structure,
i.e., controls and rowsources and/or controlsources between versions.

A major pain in the butt and the pain is not over; I still would not mind
having some way to crack open the database to get at its pieces but I guess
if I cannot import from, go to design view, compact or decompile without
errors, nor open the VBE when the database is open, I am going to be out of
luck forever...?

Thank you Michael