[AccessD] Why can't I get all a database's DAO properties' values?

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:13:04 CDT 2014

I am trying to recreate a new database in the image of an existing database.
So I have saved all the objects in the model database as text, and I plan to
import all those objects into the new database. Before doing so, I want to
capture all of the properties of the model database, and recreate them in
the new database. Below is the code I have tried to use, but I am hitting
some properties that will not allow me to get their values into the array,
such as "Connection". That property seems to exist, have a type = 0, but the
value cannot be obtained. I am not sure I can create it in the new database
- nor really whether I should have to.

For Each Prp In ModelDb.Properties
    iUB = UBound(VarPrp, 2) + 1
    If iUB = 1 Then
        ReDim VarPrp(1 To 3, 1 To iUB)
    Else
        ReDim Preserve VarPrp(1 To 3, 1 To iUB)
    End If

    VarPrp(1, iUB) = Prp.Name
    VarPrp(2, iUB) = Prp.Type

''''GETTING ERROR HERE
''''Operation is not supported for this type object
''''Note that Prp.Name = "Connection
        VarPrp(3, iUB) = Prp.Value
''''
''''
Next

Essentially, I cannot load up all the properties of the ModelDB into an
array, which is what I am trying to do.

Help?!