[AccessD] And this just in...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 1 11:26:51 CST 2014

Hi John:

To the best of my memory from another article that might put some more light on Windows 8. The amount of money Microsoft made selling Windows 8.x was around 186 million but the cost to actually sell it cost around 200 million. If Windows 8 was not highly advertised everywhere and put on virtually every PC and laptop by default, I truly wonder how many would have sold...tied with Linux? It should also be noted that the Chinese government asked Microsoft to extend their support for XP...may I suggest that it would probably be a bad business decision to simply ignore that request.

As you have noted in a previous post, a friend, who is still working in the business, according to him,  not one bank, financial institution or investment firm is moving to Windows 8.x...ever. The hope is for Windows 9.

Jim