[AccessD] And this just in...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Mar 2 03:18:21 CST 2014

Hi Doug

Same here. If it is not Windows, it is Mac as many of our clients are into advertising and TV/movie production. Some had Novell NetWare servers but the only running server left is our own NetWare 6.5 server and it will be phased out this year. It is back up only now; file services were moved a couple of years ago to Windows 2008 and the fantastic DFS file replication system (highly recommended), and mail have just been moved to Office 365.

My big client (retail with 40000+ employees) is Microsoft/Citrix only with the exception of an old IBM mainframe that is about to be replaced by a huge SAP and SQL Server on-site setup. Mail has just been changed from Notes to Exchange with core users on-premise and all others on Office 365. No Linux here.

/gustav