[AccessD] Windows 8

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Mar 4 15:20:06 CST 2014

 Hi John --

> " Reality is what refuses to go away  when you do not believe in it"
:)

John, I have written "Luddite moment" I haven't called you a Luddite.

I do not see a big difference/any (software development) performance slowdown between Win8 desktop mode and Win7.
I could be missing something but I must tell you I have been using Win8.x for 1.5 years now on my development USD1500+ ASUS N76Vz laptop and it (win8) have been working well for me.

> You do understand that the  ENTIRE OBJECTIVE of Windows 8 is to make
> a unified UI that will work on the desktop, tablet and
> phone. They did in fact accomplish that.
Yes.

> "Improvements" are supposed to make things better, solve a problem.
Yes. They have solved the problem of designing and implementing of a modern innovative UI for tablets, smartphones and laptops, as well as for smart-TVs, smart-watches etc.

Desktop mode is left for development, for legacy software - it will be phased out in... 10 years?

-- Shamil

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль