[AccessD] Windows 8

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Tue Mar 4 22:56:45 CST 2014

Corporate buyers shouldn't be getting Windows 8 preinstalled. I haven't sold
a business computer with it yet. So unless corporations are buying consumer
models from consumer outlets (which would be ridiculous) they can still have
Windows 7 Pro preinstalled. Business partners with the big OEMs have much
more flexibility than consumers markets. Even my small business clients get
Win7 preinstalled, just ordered 3 today like that. I don't see an end in
sight for this option.

As for U.S. consumers regressing to Windows 7 - not unless they're complete
geeks. They've been brainwashed by the press to hate windows in the first
place. But the average consumer could care less. They're the reason this
stuff is dumbed down so far. They've been using iPads and Android tablets
for a while now. They don't expect Windows anymore. Its more convenient for
them to see the 3 icons they actually use (browser, email, solitaire) on
their computers and just click on or touch those. Even the 70 & 80 year olds
I've dealt with have no problems with Windows 8 Metro UI. But then again, I
don't make an issue out of it with them. It is what it is. And it is on
their PC. At least they're not stuck using Safari.