[AccessD] Membership File Changes

Jim Barrett parino at flash.net
Thu Mar 6 18:15:46 CST 2014

 Just a note to publicly thank Stuart for sharing several messages with me to correct my ability to properly access records.

The following changes were made to fix my ComboBox problem:

File Definition
1)  The primary key indicators were removed from the LastName and FirstName fields in the File Definition and the AutoNum field was changed to the primary key.

For the ComoboBox:
1) Row Source was changed from
  - SELECT [TAGHSMembership].[LastName], [TAGHSMembership].[FirstName] FROM [TAGHSMembership];

   - SELECT TAGHSMembership.LastName, TAGHSMembership.FirstName, TAGHSMembership.AutoNum FROM TAGHSMembership ORDER BY TAGHSMembership.LastName, TAGHSMembership.FirstName;

2) Changed the  "Column Count" and "Bound Column" to "3".  That meant that the " value" of the combobox  was the AutoNum of the selected item.
3) Opened the After_update code and change:

     - Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[LastName] = '" & Me![Combo70] & "'"
     - Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "Autonum = " & Combo70

Jim Barrett - Timpson, TX