[AccessD] apocalypse someday...

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Fri Mar 7 21:53:14 CST 2014

John said:
> But at the same time, businesses often need precisely a big(ger) honking
> desktop to get work done.
> These work stations may in fact some day be replaced by a very capable
> notepad IF the notepad can provide connections to at LEAST one and
> preferably two monitors, keyboard and mouse

Then there is me. It's been I-don't-know-how-long, but probably pretty close
to 20 years since I used a desktop (got 2nd laptop in 1999). I just use my
laptop *like* a desktop - external mouse, keyboard, monitor, multiple usb
hubs, etc. The only difference now is that with my most recent laptop, I had
to buy a docking station in order to run my existing external monitor since
it needed pin vs the new style connection.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net