[AccessD] Unbound Form Check For Changes

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Mar 25 08:57:01 CDT 2014

 Hi Paul --

In modern .NET Windows Forms or WPF or SilverLight apps "pure unbound forms"  are rarely used for "data-driven" applications. By "data-driven" applications I mean the class of applications, which were/are usually developed using MS Access. In .NET you can "automagically" bind literally everything to the UI controls without manual coding -  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms743643.aspx . What you get are bound but disconnected from back-end forms/controls. So "the only task" is to retrieve data to be displayed in disconnected bound forms/controls/store changed data to back-end. This "only task" can be 100% automatic (no any manual coding needed) or at any degree - 1% to 100% manually coded - it all depends on what back-end-to-UI mapping technologies a developer/ development team prefer, how much customization freedom they wanted to have in back-end-to-UI mapping.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:03:55 +0000 from Paul Hartland <paul.hartland at googlemail.com>:
>hmmmmm just been reading the posts, while I am still waiting for a friend
>to get back to me so I can start on a sample manufacturing software piece
>for his company, I am looking at tiny little projects such as address books
>etc so that I can attempt to learn vb.net, now I have always used bound
>forms in Access and VB6 front-ends, but would prefer to start looking
>unbound, now as far as I know this means a lot more coding, but a lot more
>control...could anyone point me to a good section for unbound forms in
>VB.net and the best practices for this.
>
>Paul
>

>On 25 March 2014 05:31, Jim Lawrence < accessd at shaw.ca > wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill:
>>
>> Correct me if I am wrong but are not the major systems in all businesses
>> the POS. Accounting, advertising, human resources, inventory and analysis
>> are very important but without the POS there is no business.
>>
>> Jim

<<< skipped >>>