[AccessD] New Database Table - How to Proceed - Azure?

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:41:16 CDT 2014

We're using it at work.

Well, at least the place that I'll be working at for the next week (I start
a new job next week).

We used ADP's very heavily here and with the release of Office 2013, they
have dropped support for ADPs.

We are in the process of moving all of our relational DBs up to SQL Azure
and our transactional DBs up to NoSQL.

Our front ends are moving to OOP style programming using HTML5, C#, Web
services, Javascript (Knockout, Jquery).

There really is no major difference for us when dealing with Azure, since
we were using web services to talk to SQL.

I'm not sure how hard it would be if you are planning on staying with
Access as a FE for your SQL db.

I don't know much about the pricing structure, but believe it is a few
dollars a month.

David