[AccessD] Should Business use Access?

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Mon May 5 18:18:49 CDT 2014

Hey All
What a bunch of old farts (like a boardroom). I guess you all still like the
classic Coke.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo,BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bill Benson
Sent: May-05-14 3:06 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Should Business use Access?

Well to be fair, Arthur has told us in the past what he sees in the
product, and why he likes it, even describing some its uses and ease of
use. He was probably trying not to be overly redundant.

As for making the developer's life easier I doubt Arthur's life has gotten
any easier. And I bet he has lost a LOT if power and flexibility versus
building ACCDB front ends.

I really didn't see my post - which was relaying one blogger's viewpoint
that the first step in avoiding a "sadBA" existence was forsaking MS Access
- to which he got negative comments in a 20+ to 1 ratio -  as begging to
have AA plugged again.

Art rest assured, when we want to know more about AA (on an Access
community forum like this one? Don't hold your breath) we know you are our
man.

On May 5, 2014 3:45 PM, "Francisco Tapia" <fhtapia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Arthur,
>   Finally read up a little on this product.  if I were still an Access
> Developer why would I want to use this software?  it seems to have nothing
> to do with Access.  Their case study on converting an Access app

http://alphasoftware.net/convert-an-access-application-into-a-web-applicatio
n-alpha-anywhere/to
> an alpha software application has as much relevance as me trying to
> convince users on the forum to use Titanium to create cross-mobile apps
> from their existing Access apps.
>
> I didn't find any compelling information on their site or in this case
> study.  I would have just done the sql upsizing on my own as I have always
> done, and built the FrontEnd to be web/ios/android as the case warranted.
>
> Sorry old friend, but I must confess that I don't see what the point is to
> advertise a product without any details on how a developer's life would be
> better by migrating to the new platform.
>

> -Francisco <http://twitter.com/seecoolguy>

-----
No virus found in this message.