[AccessD] The most obscure question - alt coded symbol in a query result (check mark)?

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon May 19 16:51:37 CDT 2014

I am not making this clear enough. I have a yes/no field called Completed. I *want* it to stay yes no. I am already doing what you suggest which is to change the field type to Short Text and store the √ instead of a T/F value. But that is not what I want to do.

If there was a way to get ALT 251 in the output of a query from the SQL itself, that would have been good. Suppose there were a function called MYALT in Access instead of CHR... which doesn't work because CHR(251) is not a √ in standard character font. I would have changed my rowsource to
	Select MyItem, IIF([Completed],MYALT(251),"") as IsCompleted

I have another approach now, I can keep the characters I want as a lookup table in a SpecialCharsTable. I might have a problem with the field type if I want to use this for more than Booleans, but I will worry about that bridge when I get to it.

	OrigValue	NewValue
	True		√
	False		NULL

New list rowsource: