[AccessD] Access 2007 Runtime on Windows Server 2012 R2 - Slow Report Generation

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Fri May 23 13:16:07 CDT 2014

All,

I have run a number of tests and tried a number of changes.

The anti-virus software was removed temporarily.

A printer was added to the new server.

I added a little log file to capture info from the Access application.

Still, the report generation runs much slower on the new server than the old server (about twice as long)

Again, here is what I am working with...

Access application developed with Access 2007
Deployed via Access 2010 Runtime
Running on a new Server (VMWARE) - Virtual Machine uses Windows Server 2012 R2 (which is 64 bit)

One other interesting fact - When I look at the Windows Task Manager while the application is running, I often see the message "Not responding" - even though I can see the CPU % changing.  I do not see excessive CPU or Memory usage.

It "feels" like the ap is waiting on something, but what?

Any ideas on how resolve this issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad