[AccessD] Moving Access Application to Windows Server – Task Scheduler Problem

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Wed May 28 10:53:04 CDT 2014

Bill,

Thanks for the help.  I tried the steps that you posted, but still no luck.

In order to debug this issue, I have set up a very small Access application that simply writes one record to a log file when it is initiated.

I then used the Windows Server 2012 Task Scheduler to establish a new Scheduled Task which initiates MSACCESS.EXE directly with the name of the little accdr file as a parameter.  Running this task from the Task Scheduler works properly when it is set to "Run Only When User is Logged On".  I can see that it is working by looking at the log file.

However, when I change the setting to "Run Whether User is Logged on or Not", things do not work.  No record is written to the log file.  When I look at the Task Manager I see "Microsoft Access (32 bit)" in the process list.

I have looked at the logs via the Event Viewer but have not found anything.  My experience with the Event Viewer is quite limited, so maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad