[AccessD] Article: "How to ‘Hybridize’ your MS Access Database In Office 365 Azure Database"

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Nov 5 14:01:14 CST 2014

 Hi All --

Does anybody use "hybrid" MS Access FE/SQL Azure BE (Office 365) applications in production?

"How to ‘Hybridize’ your MS Access Database In Office 365 Azure Database"
http://www.devhut.net/2014/01/13/how-to-hybridize-your-ms-access-database-in-office-365-azure-database/

I have just followed the referred article's instructions using my Office 365 dev account and I have got a sample "hybrid" database up& running.
And MS Access 2013 .accdb bound forms have read-write access to the linked via 'ODBC;DRIVER=SQL Server Native Client 11.0;'  SQL Azure database tables.
I wonder if such .accdb forms can be bound to SQL Azure insert/update/delete stored procedures?

FYI: Here is a good set of information on SQL Azure and MS Access:

http://gainingaccess.net/SQLAzure/AccessAndSQLAzureLinks.aspx

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль