[AccessD] Sweet Hearts of the Rodeo

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Nov 6 18:30:28 CST 2014

I'm ridin' it down to the last mdb.  I quit working this year.  So far about
50% successful.  They keep calling me wanting me to do stuff.  Going off to
Singapore on Saturday for a week of work.

But I'm not complaining.  I can always say no.

I used to be up to my ears in Access work.  Small ad I the paper and I was
turning people away.  But that was 10-15 years ago.  The amount of work
began slowly decreasing and I saw where it was going - to the web.  If I
didn't want to learn ASP, PHP, C++ and the whole alphabet soup, I would be
left behind.

Well, timing is everything.  I turned 65 last December and, having
successfully had my last commercial product acquired (an Access app), I
could fade slowly into the sunset and not worry about having to reinvent
myself as a web programmer.

For those in their 40s and 50s, though, who have invested a lot in Access,
it's a problem.  I sympathize.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334