[AccessD] Split form wizard

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Wed Nov 19 11:59:38 CST 2014

Hey Susan
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Listen to Charlotte. The use
of tabs and subforms is so easy. As I have been saying and same with
Charlotte "You can present a clean, intuitive interface".  Step back and
look at the simple not the complex. Yes it will take a little bit of work
but hey the end result for the client will make you sparkle. You can always
ask for my assistance and I assume Charlotte would also provide support.
Or are you ageing so fast that you cannot see the forest for the trees?

Remember it is fun to be able to laugh at yourselve.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: November-19-14 11:23 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Split form wizard

Susan,

There are lots of tricks to keeping subforms in sync on tabs, and it
simplifies the whole process rather than complicating it.  You can present
a clean, intuitive interface where the use can see the categories available
to them and quickly find what they're looking for without being overloaded
with information at any one time.  All the parent form needs to do is hold
the primary keys you need to link the subforms.  Your queries for the
subforms are simplified because they don't need to include multiple tables
to get the right records.

Charlotte

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about this -- I'm wondering what the pros and cons are of
> using the tabs to display subforms. It seems to complicate the whole
> process, but the alternative might be a many-to-many relationship between
> the necessary tables. There are four, so that could get a bit hairy.
>
> Susan H.
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Tony Septav <TSeptav at uniserve.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Susan
> > Where applicable to a project I loved using the tabs. Some of the tabs
> had
> > information that was static (enter once) other tabs would contain an
> > embedded subform (most times a continuous form) to collect ongoing data.
> > Again where applicable each tab would have it's own set of print
buttons,
> > eg. <Print History>, <Print Graph> etc, etc.  It became a no brainer
"one
> > stop shopping" for the client. They loved it everything was there in
> their
> > face, no second guessing as what to do next. It was easy to use because
> it
> > was intuitive.
> >
> > Tony Septav
> > Nanaimo, BC