[AccessD] Confused by One to Many versus One to One

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:08:19 CST 2014

Typically the table you mention is called the OrderDetail table. Records in
the table are often referenced as LineItems.

a Customer  can make 1 or Many Orders
an Order can contain 1 or Many OrderDetails
an OrderDetail refers to a Product
a Product may refer to 1 or Many OrderDetails

In this set up an OrderDetail should reference the related Order (FK), the
product involved, the quantity of Product involved and the AgreedTo Price
per unit of Product involved.

There is a set of free videos on youtube that are often referenced.
Quality is so-so, but the message is good.
See https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL196FE5448948D9B4

Good luck.