[AccessD] One Accdr (front end) for each User’s PC or Share the Accdr file on the File Server

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Mon Oct 20 14:31:09 CDT 2014

All,

I recently built a small inquiry system with Access 2007.

I am using a “Split” database (data stored in a “_be.accdb” backend file).

The data is coming from an outside source and the inquiry system will never update the data.

Currently all of the users (about 10) share the Accdr (front end) which is stored on a file server.

A couple years ago, I built a similar inquiry system and I set things up so that each user had their own copy of the Front-end Accdr file.

I am now wondering if this is really necessary.

Would it be Okay for all users to share the Accdr (front end) which is stored on the file server?

Please Keep in mind that no updates are ever done via the font-end.

Thanks,
Brad